View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 10:22 PM   #21
pittendrigh
Connoisseur
pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I do see it's possible to run a lightweight webserver with php on Android. So my mostly files based CMS could (theoretically, I haven't tried) run on Android.

Then what I already have could be made to deliver book like contents now, even when not connected to the internet--in a way that ALREADY supports multi-media........within local storage limits anyway. Now that I think about it an Android web server that delivers book-like contents could also support a little home rolled DRM. If you wanted it.

The customer would have to install the webserver package and then download the source content, with a dynamically generated key of some sort, that they would ONLY get if (and only if) they also purchased a login key. None of that works now but I don't see why it wouldn't. And all of it would use existing technology, with no need to wait for enhanced ebook readers of the future or not-yet-existing epub3 DRM

Last edited by pittendrigh; 03-13-2016 at 10:29 PM.
pittendrigh is offline   Reply With Quote