View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #140
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Hello, great tips here in this thread!

One (ok, actually two) question I have:

1) Is there some kind of a program that allows you to backup the content of your Kindle Fire on a PC?

Something like ITunes, where I can have all the apps I downloaded from the marketplace but am not currently using saved on the PC, to install them again when needed?

Am not sure how the license policy on Android devices works, so if it is possible to load an bought app to a certain device and backup that app, includng the license?

I am aware that I could do this for amazon-bought content from the "cloud" simply by connecting via wireless, but right now I can not buy any apps from the amazon marketplace as European user.

2) Can I access other marketplaces from my kindle without rooting it?

I am looking at other marketplaces (e.g. Android market) that might allow people outside of the US to buy apps (preferably without rooting the Kindle).

And if I do, is it a big issue if I do root my Kindle?

Best regards,
Andy

Last edited by Andy_T; 11-23-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote