View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 08:01 AM   #5
blacksmith1
blacksmith1 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Dear Hitch,

Hi again and thanks so much for your reply.

Quote:
What happens if you make an ePUB, from the MOBI, then build a proper MOBI file with that, using KP3, and then build the AZK? Do you have the same issue? That would be my next step, were I you. That way, you'd be "starting" with a MOBI from Amazon, effectively--NOT an AZW3 from Calibre. I suspect, although can't quite say why, that that's part of the problem.

I'd "convert" the AZW3 files to ePUB, using Calibre, drop the ePUB onto KP3, build the MOBI, and THEN build the AZK file and try it again, for all three, or at least two, to see if the overwriting continues. Amazon is not super-Calibre-friendly, and that could SOMEHOW be playing into it. I'm not even saying it's Calibre, per se; but there could be something that Amazon's intake just doesn't love about those.
Converting AZW3 file to epub using Calibre lose book formatting

What I want is to read Kindle ebooks on Kindle app for iPad

Scenario 1: Using Kindle Previewer 3.28, I convert AZW3 to mobi. Using iTunes, I sideload mobi file to my Kindle app for iPad
Result: book does not show on Kindle app for iPad

Note: converting AZW3 to mobi using Calibre or Epubor Ultimate lead to that the book shows successfully on Kindle app for iPad. Additionally, all mobi file generated by all softwares other than Kindle Previewer are sideloaded and show successfully on Kindle app for iPad

Question 1: before converting AZW3 to mobi using Kindle Previewer, is there is specific editing for AZW3 so that it can show on Kindle app for iPad

Scenario 2: Using Kindle Previewer 3.28, I convert AZW3 to azk. Using iTunes, I sideload azk file to my Kindle app for iPad
Result: book shows on Kindle for iPad but with one problem; newly sideloaded book overwrites the previously sideloaded one. Meaning that only one book shows. This applies to all books converted using Kindle Previewer version 3.28. Other books converted using Kindle Previewer earlier version (I can't remember version exactly) do show successfully

Question 2: may you please help in getting an older version of Kindle Previewer? For example 3.21 or earlier

Thank you very much