View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Did you try opening the ePubs in Desktop FBReader? I have noticed that images larger than the available screen area don't display with FBReader under OIP but they do under the Desktop version (I'll submit a bug report once I have a distributable example). It this were a native ePub, the other possibility is that the cover uses SVG which isn't supported by FBReader. Note that there is nothing special about the cover page of an ePub, it is just the 1st page of the ebook.

What I normally do with LIT ebooks is extract the OEB using "ConvertLIT GIU", ZIP the directory and rename it .oebzip. FBReader will open this as an OEB ebook. However, Calibre's LIT to ePub should produce a very similar ebook.

Note that FBReader does not display the cover of a MOBI, but it does display the cover of an OEB (from LIT).