View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #63
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
I recently bought an Onyx Boox X60 for my wife to use for reading and taking notes at the office. The reading experience is fine, but I found the built-in scribble app to be nearly useless – despite the surprisingly good digitizer.
Here is a list of the functions I would need / expect in such a device, and my annoying experience with the X60:
1. Undo (at least the last stroke, but preferably more). X60: doesn’t support it.
2. Quick access to eraser (icon on screen). X60: eraser is in menu, needs 2 or more taps to access, then 2 more to switch back to pen.
3. Renaming scribble files. X60: doesn’t support it.
4. Searching scribble files by file name (including partial name). X60: doesn’t support it.
5. Exporting scribble files to a PC via USB cable or wirelessly to the web. X60: doesn’t support it. I have tried the following methods:
• Accessing the device memory and the SD card and finding the scribble files – couldn’t find them.
• Using the Export function in the Scribble application – exports only the last page of a multi-page scribble (how useless is that???)
• Using the (undocumented) snapshot function (pressing Vol+ and Vol- buttons simultaneously) – captures a blank page without the scribbles.
• Using a blank pdf as a template – the scribbles are lost when I rename the template. Even if I don’t rename the template (or rename it before starting to scribble), the scribbles do not show up when I view the pdf on a pc.

Is the situation similarly bad on the M92? Does PeterX's alternative scribble app solve some of these issues? If so, any idea if it would run on an X60?
Hi. Please be aware that you're posting in a thread about a 3rd party scribble application replacement for the M92. Even our preceding posts have been somewhat out-of-topic (I'm sorry, peter-x - this posting made me realize :P)

W.r.t. your problems - they are very similar to issues with the M92 and Onyx works on some of them (w.r.t. the M92 - no clue about the X60).
At least w.r.t. the 'disappearing' annotations, you will find the reason and a workaround on the M92 wishlist wiki. (keyword: metadata)

P.S.: To view the scribbles on a PC, you need to use the export functionality, which creates a new PDF... and before you ask on how to print them, have a look at the M92 'Tips and Tricks' and/or Software wiki page (PC Software).

Last edited by kodomo; 03-29-2012 at 08:29 AM.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote