View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
It is a good idea to power down occasionally.
As someone else already pointed out, these devices are computers. Most run a version of Linux. And almost all computer operating systems eventually build up crud in memory. (Some are worse than others, Linux is pretty good.)

Turning it off is like a "restart" on a computer and will fix any memory leaks. I use to have Kindle problems every couple of weeks if I didn't turn it off now and then. (Now I have no Kindle problems because my mom has my Kindle.)
slm is offline   Reply With Quote