View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrogaza View Post
Hi,

Would it possible to export annotations to Kobo ? For the ADE annotations it is not a problem, but for annotations stored in Kobo database, it is more difficult to manage it by hand.

I wait for this function since long time... I do not know how to program a plugin, so if I can't find a way to do this before this summer, I will make it in bash script.
Version 1.4.0 of the plugin added support for the Kobo devices. I still need to update the first post completely. And add it to the help.

There are some alternatives:
  • As theducks said, the Kobo Utilities plugin includes a function.
  • Calibre has a a "Fetch annotations" function that gets them and adds them to the comments field.
  • If you add "ExportHighlights=true" to the "FeatureSettings" section of the devices config file, a menu item will be added to the books menu in in the library list on the device to export them as a text file on the device.
  • There have been a few scripts or apps posted in the Kobo forum over the years. A search there should find them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote