View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
The site is actually very clean, no ads, doesn't even look bad if I put it in pdf except pdfs on Kindle can't take advantage of most of its features, hence my wanting to convert to mobi. It's a static site, the content does not change, so creating an ebook of it would be a one time thing, so while I initially went into it thinking recipes were the way to go (I originally posted in recipes), it's since become apparent to me that's not the best approach here. In the recipe forum it was determined the stray image problem was because MOBI doesn't support floating images, so calibre puts them where they appear in the source document markup. I don't know what that means or how to address it.

If you can steer me to any site where I might be able to learn the needed skills it would be appreciated.
You are right that a recipe is probably not the best option for a one-off conversion. I'd suggest that you edit the html directly (notepad+ is a good option, but there are lots of html editors), or convert the zip/html to epub and use sigil. As Kovid said, this is simply a problem with placement of the image - Calibre does not handle floating images, and instead puts it where the code appears in the html file. Just open up the html or epub and cut the code for the image, then paste it where you want it to appear. If you post the file here, or the relevant parts, someone can help you identify the part to be cut and moved.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote