View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 05:06 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I think the only new eReader that will directly borrow from Overdrive (using ePub) is the Kobo Aura One.

In the United States I can still directly borrow Overdrive ePubs on my Sony PRS-T2, but that may just be "the luck of the draw" at my library.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
anything that supports ePub DRM can be used anywhere in the world. You don't need an overdrive app on your device. ADE is your friend.

Dale
The Sony readers rcentros and I were talking about can be used in conjunction with a computer that has the Sony reader software, or alternatively the readers can download Overdrive library epubs directly via the Sony's built-in browser, no Overdrive app involved.

I think (?) the OP is looking for a non-LCD reader that can access library books directly on the device. Given that the Sony readers are outdated and only used, he/she may want to look into one of the android e-ink readers. I have not used one of those devices so I don't know how they work for library books.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote