View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #71
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by refj View Post
1) I've been wanting to write a small sqlite script that will bump all the useful PNGs to the top of my home screen. For that reason I need to have that script run on startup. I couldn't find how/if KSM executes user-provided scripts at startup (nothing that I could find in rcS or ksmhome.sh). Is there a recommended way to do this?
KSM does currently not run user scripts on startup. You could modify rcS, ksmhome.sh, or - maybe better for your purpose - /adds/kbmenu/onstart/start_nickel.sh.

Quote:
2) The bouncer always starts rotated. I notice it comes in two flavours (kbbouncer.sh and kbbouncer90.sh). How do I get it to use the vertical one?
You could replace in ksmhome.sh
Code:
bouncer=$ksmroot/kbbouncer/kbbouncer.sh
by
Code:
bouncer=$ksmroot/kbbouncer/kbbouncer90.sh
This would only effect the password check at start up.

Or you could rename kbbouncer90.sh to kbbouncer.sh.

Quote:
3) The power button seems to not do anything while in KSM. Is that expected?
It forces a power off if you hold it for 20 seconds or so. It wakes up the device from suspend.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote