View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #14
Lexicon
Enthusiast
Lexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enoughLexicon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
It's obvious that there were too many entries for them all to go into a single vote and I personally believe that having multiple heats may well have caused people to lose interest in the project (voting on your favourite logo the first time is fun, the fifth time, not so much). I'm not entirely happy about how the pre-selection was done, however.

I think it would have been better if those who submitted multiple entries had been asked to pick one (or perhaps two) of their logos to be entered into the public vote, with each entrant guaranteed at least one logo in the vote.

That way the number of logos would have been reduced to a manageable level but the creators would still have a say in which of their design(s) they will be judged on, and everybody who put in the effort of designing a logo would have a shot at the prize.

Having said all that, the owners of the site have a right to run their competition any way they please. In my opinion they are being very generous in allowing a public vote on the logo - in their place I would have asked for submissions and then picked the winner myself!
Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote