View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 04:35 PM   #960
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Thought I would mention this course I found on iTunes U: Critical Reasoning for Beginners from Oxford University. It's an analysis of the structure of logical arguments that we all use in everyday life. I find it fascinating, though a bit hard to follow: it's a recording from a live course, and there are exchanges between the teacher and the students but unfortunately you can't hear what the students say, so it's a bit frustrating, but still very interesting.

I just noticed that the website has videos, whereas iTunes U only has audio, plus a pdf file of the slides. Maybe it's easier to follow with the video...
I finished watching the course tonight. I would recommend it heartily. It has been more useful that I expected, in helping me analyze arguments here and elsewhere on the web. Most of it is stuff I already use all the time, but it's great to lay it out, take it apart and see how it actually works.

And now I am reminded of that link on Aristotle I posted earlier. I never did read the article...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote