View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #17
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch4os View Post
i don't know if u need to convert all strings to utf-8 before print, i think calibre ensure proper encoding of metadata file.

edit.
After while i think it could be os depedent, i'm running your script at linux where utf-8 is default encoding, windows (with kernel 6.x - vista, 7, 2k8) use utf-16. Calibre force utf-8 to write metadata file? or use system encoding?
I'm not sure myself, but I do know that if I didn't explicitly encode everything from Calibre to utf-8 then the script just constantly fell over on the slightest deviation from plain-ASCII characters. There's probably a more robust way to handle this kind of thing in Python, but like I said I don't know Python...

Glad the edit works for you, though. Did you try out the most recent version of the script, incidentally? I'm still not able to test it on the kindle, so I'd appreciate some reassurance that it works.
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote