View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32 AM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I understand - but what is the point in having the code to display messages if they never appear!

I would suggest you either add the processEvents() calls in this case, or remove the messages from the code to keep the code simpler! My personal preference would be to add the processEvents after changing the message as because it is a long running process the extra messages are re-assuring to the user and the processEvent calls are minimal overhead.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote