View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #53
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Even in windows, I can upload an image and sb_loader says it runs, but it does not run. One example is my custom u-boot images. There is no output to the serial port and they do not boot, when I use sb_loader. There is a lot of information on the net about .sb files needing to be signed with the "all zeroes" key. Perhaps it wants signed firmware images.

What I was getting at in the previous post was that I am not surprised that the linux version does not work better than the Windows version. It sounds from your details that the linux and windows versions act the same.

Yifanlu reported success using this same sb_loader, so perhaps the file format needs to be different from modules that MfgTool needs or something. I asked yifanlu on the IRC channel how he got it working, but I got no answer. I wonder if sb_loader is expecting a different file format or something (.sb format).

I have an sbloader for linux from RockBox I have been tweaking (mostly to display status messages). It communicates with the device, but not enough yet to send an image to it. it uses libusb-1.0. It is a single monolithic C program (no modules other than main). The comments say it is a stripped down version of the freescale sb_loader. I need to tweak the protocol more, but not enough time spent with it yet.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-27-2012 at 10:45 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote