View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbfoot View Post
Oftentimes, books have sections within chapters which are generally separated by more than a single blank line, e.g., when the story jumps from one time-frame to another. When selecting "remove spacing between paragraphs", the double/triple spaces are removed too.
This is the price you pay for using this feature. If you don't wish to lose section breaks then you have to stop using this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbfoot View Post
Is there a way to set Calibre to retain the spacing between sections, and still remove the default spacing between paragraphs? I am semi-familiar with Sigil, but I'm grasping for automatic! It's asking a lot I know, but I've gotten pretty spoiled by this wonderful program.
Calibre is not a ebook editing or creation tool and the remove spacing feature was a large swipe at meeting a requested need.

Since you are familiar with Sigil you can identify the section breaks and replace those breaks with a string like
Quote:
Then convert using the remove spaces feature as normal.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote