Thread: Clara HD Rapid page turns
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #9
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@Luffy,

When it comes to Kobo touch-related things whilst reading a book, you'll get a smoother, faster response if you're reading a kepub rather than a standard epub. This includes normal page turns and highlighting/annotations.

I often read in this forum that, with recent Kobo firmware versions, standard epubs are "faster than they used to be". That may well be true but there is still a clear difference IMO.

In addition a fairly new Kobo feature is "Quick Page Turns" which lets you zip through pages by pressing and holding in the bottom corners. This is only available for kepubs.

If you've still got your H2O you could test it out for yourself with the latest firmware without needing to buy a new ClaraHD. Also, I think the Clara may have a faster processor than the H2O but don't quote me on that. Technical specs are not my forte.
Thanks for clearing a lot of things up . Almost every major e-reader share a 1GHz chip, afaik. But that's the extent of my knowledge.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote