Thread: Oh the irony...
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #40
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
No that's great if someone likes to spend their time with that. But this thread shows what ebooks has wrought. It most certainly is no all good. I'm fact it's continually tipping towards more bad than good imo.
Just because people are arguing about it? People who enjoy debate will always find something to debate about. I'm not sure this discussion indicates much at all about what ebooks have wrought. For the majority of people who use them, they just buy / borrow them and read them. No muss, no fuss, no philosophical discussions.

Like issybird, I've long ago stopped "managing" my collection. For me, it wasn't even about being worried that someone would take my books away, it was just something I enjoyed fiddling with, a hobby. When I lost interest in the digital futzing, I just stopped doing it. And since then, I've mostly stopped purchasing books anyway, so my collection hasn't grown much in the last few years. I use KU and the library for 95% of my reads.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote