Thread: Opus Opus crashes?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmcleod View Post
Has anyone else with an Opus had it crash on them yet? Tonight it got into a bit of a snit, the ePub reader crashed returning me to the library view and all attempts to continue reading that book failed with the same result -- the blue light comes on for a few seconds, then crash, and back to the library.

Powering the unit off and then back on again then opening the book returned me to where I'd started on this reading session, paging back to where it'd crashed it seems to be OK. So far.

There doesn't seem to be anything special about the text where it crashed.
I very often have problems, when connecting to Adobe Digital Editions.
After discussion in this forum and directly with Bookeen, I understand, ADE won't show the SD card. So, connecting to ADE has lost its advantage anyway.
This drastically helped improve stability.
In general I experience problems mainly concerning SD card.
My feeling: 1GB and 2GB are stable, with 8 GB it's getting less stable.
Using the card, after manually having copied my books via USB adapter, is okay. But as soon as I connect to the PC or even ADE: Hello coffee break.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote