View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Sarmat - create a custom column of type Date, #read_date/Read Date, then when you F2 on an empty Read Date cell it will autofill it with current date (and time).

When a book is first created, Calibre sets the builtin date/Date column to the current date (and time). As far as I know calibre makes no further use of the column, and given that it's an editable column (unlike last_modified/Modified) it is legitimate to repurpose it. However, as you've noticed if it's cleared, a subsequent F2 will autofill it with the date (and time) that calibre/python regard as the beginning of time - 1st of January CE 101.

I've used the date/Date column as my 'Read Date' ever since I started to use calibre in March 2012 - I use F2 '-' when I add a book, and F2 '=' when I've read it. I have no reason to want a date added column. If I wanted it, the create data on the book folder would be good enough for me - but that's only available on Windows file systems.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-08-2018 at 05:14 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote