View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #35
kingduct
Enthusiast
kingduct doesn't litterkingduct doesn't litterkingduct doesn't litter

Device: none
Setting is_web_edition=False in The New York Times recipe

I run a headless linux server that downloads my New York Times so I can read it on my Kindle. Running /usr/bin/xvfb-run /opt/calibre/ebook-convert "The New York Times.recipe" with options brings it in.

I would prefer to get "Today's Paper" rather than the web edition. Yet, when I add "--is_web_edition=False" to my command, I get en ebook-convert error telling me there's no such option.

Years ago, when I installed Calibre at the command line, it would include a recipes directory. But now, it appears that it always downloads the current version of the recipe. Usually, this is great. However, it also means I can't just enter the recipe file and set "is_web_edition" to False.

Is there a way I can pass this value from the command line? If not, how can I download the current version of the recipe and set it up such that it works from the command line? Or is there a different recipe for getting "Today's Paper?"

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson1379 View Post
Completed successfully for me with "is_web_edition = True".

I should note that when it crashed before with "is_web_edition = False", it crashed within seconds.

I don't know why mspark and I would get two separate outcomes.
kingduct is offline   Reply With Quote