View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #5
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathside Boy View Post
I have now found the book in PDF format and you are correct that the left and right columns show properly in this format. I obviously do not need to put it in Calibre as I can read it as a stand-alone PDF.

Having said that, it would be nice to place it in Calibre so that it does show the columns the correct way and for me to read it in there.

1st, is there any way I can change the original EPUB version so that it shows the columns properly?

2nd, if that is not possible, if I place the PDF in Calibre, will it show correctly then as a PDF document in Calibre? Or, how do I make it into as you say, ‘an EPUB minimalist format repackaged from the PDF’ so it shows the columns left and right as it should?

Could anybody refresh my memory on how to do any of these procedures please?

Thanks

HB
If you set Calibre not to use its internal viewer for PDF files, you can store the PDF in Calibre and still read it with your favorite PDF viewer.

Preferences -> Behavior
Uncheck PDF in the "Use internal viewer for" box, if it's not already unchecked.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote