View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 02:48 AM   #15
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I believe this feature depends on what kind of images you have. It can import raster images but will not convert them to vector SVG images. Inkscape can only export PNG images. PDF can have either vector or raster images inside it as can SVG.
Just to clarify, by PDF, I meant a PDF containing actual vector data and/or text, not a PDF that's just an empty wrapper around a bitmap.

With that said, I would expect it to incorporate raster image data in the source PDF as a PNG image in the SVG—not that there's any benefit to doing so over incorporating the original raster image, of course.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote