View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #56
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I need to hear more review before I commit to buying an unlocked 5S (ouch!) but it seems likely unless the upcoming Nexus 5 or something else blows me away. The 5C did not impress me as much because pricing is only $100 discount. Maybe it'll appeal more to subsidized buyers who are more sensitive to the upfront cash outlay.
I'm getting the iPhone 5s because I'm already due for an upgrade and since the phone subsidy is already an unavoidable part of the plan's cost (and since I'm forced to stick to Verizon or AT&T due to coverage), might as well get my carrier to pay the subsidy. If not for that, I probably wouldn't bother upgrading. One nice thing so far is iPhones tend to hold their value so the upfront cost can usually be fully covered by selling the old model. That said, my dad dislikes his Android phone and has an easier time using the iPhone so this time, my old iPhone's going to him.

Seriously though, $550 for the unlocked iPhone 5c? Does the chassis really cost Apple that much that they couldn't just bump the iPhone 5 to mid-range? Heck, an unlocked iPhone 4S costs more than a brand-new Nexus. That said, personally waiting for the Google Play Edition of either the Sony Xperia Z or Samsung Galaxy S4 Active for my next unlocked phone.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote