Thread: Laptop Choices
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #36
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
For a replacement I am looking into the new Chromebook C7, by Acer. $199. 320GB HD, 2GB ram, 11.6" screen.

First though I got to see if Chrome OS is sufficient.
I already use gmail, and I sometimes use the Chrome browser, so now I am trying out a Chrome filemanager, ftp program, and Google docs. I can do all that on my current machines.

The real problem I have seen (on paper) is the C7 battery life of 3.5 hours. Someone said that a Acer spokesman said they would probably provide a better battery and charge a little more.
I won't buy it without at least 6 hour battery. It would be in mail except for that.
One thing I like is that the battery is removable.
I have the Samsung Chromebook. It doesn't have the hard drive, instead it has 16 GB SSD. But it has a 6.5 hour battery life that I like. It is $50 more, but I like the extra battery life.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote