View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #313
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Did anyone else have problems concentrating when first reading audiobooks? I felt dizzy this afternoon (am typing with eyes closed) so listened to a few chapters of the Wodehouse book and found it hard to follow the story when I'm not actually looking at the text. This is inspite of the wonderful Librivox reader. Is this common?
Well, it took me some time to get the hang of audiobooks. Okay, not so much when I listened to stuff in German, but since I seem to insist on listening to books in English, which isn't my native tongue, I still sometimes have to really concentrate to follow. Maybe this is why I use audiobooks a lot to "re-read" instead of listening to new stuff.

The thing is, it also depends a lot on the reader. There is some good stuff on Librivox, but some of it isn't very good (to put it politely, I still admire the effort people put into it, so don't get me wrong). There also is some horrible commercial stuff out there (which is much worse because they make you pay for it), but a few readers could read the telephone book to me and I would listen. They are that good. (To only name two of them: Stephen Fry and Katherine Kellgren.)
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote