View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #308
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I started in on Kevin Hearne's first Iron Druid book, Hounded, just to not be listening to the Dresden books back-to-back-to-back. The reader is decent, but overdoes it a bit on the dog voice, and keeps pronouncing Genghis (as in Khan) as Jengis (as in topply blocks) throughout at least a couple chapters where the fellow is mentioned frequently.

For the text itself, it's overall enjoyable but a bit shallow, with humor that falls flat about as often as it works, and cultural references (especially clothing and speech) that made me double check that I didn't have the publication date off by a couple of decades. Still, it has enough charm to overcome its shortcomings, at least so far.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote