View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #44
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Radish.: Yeah, I'm referring to the 'Update Your Kindle' link when I say 'update process'.

So, let's try again, slowly, in order:

* Delete your linkss/screensavers directory.
* (Re)Install the screensavers hack (use the appropriate update_ss_*_install.bin file for your Kindle model).
* Restart ([Home] > [Menu] > Settings > [Menu] > Restart) your Kindle.
* Once the Kindle has finished rebooting, put it to sleep. You should see the custom placeholder screensaver.
* If you do see it, you can put your custom screensavers in the linkss/screensavers directory, and then Restart your Kindle to take that into account. If you still see the default screensavers, something went wrong with the install process, or you're using a KSO Kindle, in which case there's nothing I can do for you .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote