View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #69
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It's a reference to a line from the episode "Our Mrs. Reynolds". Basic story:

The captain is surprised with a wife (right after the title sequence).

(Halfway through the show) Jayne Cobb offers to trade his favorite gun for the wife. (The gun's name is Vera.)

P.S. I don't have the DVDs at hand, so I can't quote that scene completely. But lines like that are why I love that series.
Firefly - indeed! A likely story, Nate. Look, I know it's embarrasing to have your manhood at all compromised in public by letting it be known that you've read and enjoyed Vera by Villiers de L'Isle-Adam and secretly read other such works on your Kindle regularly. But let's be honest and own up to it, shall we? We're all grown ups here. Or at least you folks are!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote