View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cod Father View Post
Here's a little help . In the past I have worked at a Tex/Mex restaurant in Northern Ontario and one of the best desserts we had was Deep Fried Ice cream. To make our version we used to use CRUSHED Frosted Flake's cereal with a sprinkle of sugar and cinamon. Portion off your ice cream and form it into a ball and return it to the freezer to firm up from handling . Next roll it in the coating mixture to form a even coating . Make sure that your oil is up to temperature and is deep enough to float your ice cream ball so it dosen't stick to the bottom ( Don't ask !!!!) . The trick is to only leave it in the hot oil long enough to caramelize the sugars in the cereal and form a shell ( we're talking a duration of seconds ,not minutes) .Remove from the hot oil and place in the serving dish and cover in whipped cream cinamon and sprinkles and top with a cherry . Enjoy

The Cod Father,

Oh! My aching diet! That made my mouth water!!!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote