Thread: Firmware Update New firmware for Kindle DX ?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs View Post
Unlikely, it's a new update.
What I was trying to say was that I got my DX around June 28, but my firmware version number is the same as the one people are reporting as the new update's version number. This is very likely because it's true.

Also, I did the modification for the Amazon author-screen-images a bit over a week ago, so Amazon could not have updated mine in the last week or so.

Now, if that firmware update started to be deleted about 10 days ago in their often dragged-out updates, and it came in before I changed the screen-images that would be another thing but the ending numbers seem the same to me.

I do know people complain about not being able to work the web browser and I wonder if they were the ones for whom the WAN firmware updates were meant because they had the older version.

- Andrys
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote