View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #26
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Really? So if you have two Kindles, you have to download the files twice - once for each Kindle - and the file for one Kindle won't work on the other? Doesn't that make it somewhat difficult to keep personal backups of your books on your PC, for example? How do you know which file is for which Kindle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
You've got it. Indeed, backing up the Kindle books to your PC is almost pointless unless you strip the DRM from them.
I keep the backups in a folder that has a simple text file in it with the PID. That's just insurance! I experimented with the deDRM routine to make sure I knew how to run it, but have not routinely unlocked any of my Kindle content.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote