Thread: Done with Kobo
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Let's face it folks most customer service is conducted from a flowchart, a tabbed three ring notebook back in the old days, HTML today... More often than not by someone with minimal or no technical skills, often a college student working part time.

I will give points to the Kobo chat personnel. I had an issue and when they started the script I informed them I had already done procedures A-F ad infinitum and they were smart enough to realize doing them again would not help and skipped to the "OK, we're going to send you a checklist and require some photos, once we get the answers and Photos we'll exchange it" stage.

I really do think the live chat is the best way to deal with Kobo, but you have to be prepared to realize that when you have a problem not covered by the script your only resort is likely to be an exchange. That said, the exchange unit I received was indistinguishable from a brand new unit, I suspect it was, except it came in a plainer white box. They even cross shipped to minimize shipping time! It still took about a week to get to NY state from Toronto, but in fairness it was a holiday weekend and the package seemed to sit in a Toronto sorting center for several days...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote