View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #34
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Poohbear_nc summed up my feelings on this on the first page pretty well.

If I had done a rework of the original stories, I'd be accused of plagiarism (and rightfully so). But because they're advertising and marketing the books, it's all A-ok and on the up-and-up.

I don't see the difference.
No, you wouldn't be accused of plagiarism, because it wouldn't be plagiarism. Disney didn't plagiarize when they made their adaptation of Pinocchio. It would only be plagiarism if you took the work and pretended that you created it out of whole cloth. I recently purchased children's version of Moby Dick and the Odyssey for my daughter. These adaptation are not plagiarism, and neither is this one. They are in the public domain, anyone can come out with their adaptation.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote