View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #21
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
More OT:

There *is* a trial for BlueGriffon - just download and install, some features are disabled (I tried it when it was new, didn't like it. To my mind it makes simple things more difficult than necessary - but your mileage may vary. Besides it's ridiculously high priced, and the author has some halfbaked leftovers behind him like NVU, so I guess I didn't trust this to last either. Thinking of it, maybe I should try it again. It's been some time. EDIT: Tried it again, still don't like it. It's really no more than a glorified XHTML-editor, you have to do the hard work yourself, more or less, and then import the files, make the links to TOC and so on. Which makes the price even more ridiculous.).
They do? They didn't when last I looked; they had a trial for the XHTML editor, but not the "epub editor," or whatever they call it. Well, Kim, if you don't like it, I'm not going to bother taking a look. I have come to respect your opinions on these things, even if we occasionally disagree on the odd thing hither and yon.

Quote:
The Beta of Jutoh 2.05 has some epub 3 features, but the output doesn't validate. But Julian is probably working on it.
Yes, Julian is very diligent. I don't really love the product itself, just because it makes one reinvent the Styles wheel, but, it's a very good end-user/DIY converter, all things considered. I like more finite control than Jutoh has given.

Quote:
AWP does indeed make very clean code, but is still epub 2 only afaik.
Yes. And again...it's a little bit like reinventing the wheel, isn't it? I mean, if you clean something in Word, first...normally, you'd export the HTML, do some regex in your fave html editor, then to Sigil. This way, AWP, you'd end up doing all your regex in Sigil, right? I mean, clean in Word, put in AWP, I assume some minor stuff in AWP, then export to ePUB....Hmmm....I should have to think about that. I guess I'll try AWP, just to see if it's somewhat equivalent, process-wise, but I don't see it saving us much time. I might be better off just creating clips, or an AHK script to use some of the utilities available out there, but...dang.

Regards,

Kim[/QUOTE]

Quote:
It's true, no one seems to be willing to give a fork.
Troo, dat. Other people have the Quest for the Holy Grail, now I have the Quest for the Holy Fork.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote