View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #375
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jldg View Post
I tried to convert the pdf output of k2pdfopt, to epub format with calibre.
the goal is using the font size adjustment during reading on my kobo.
(obviously, I used the native output option )
it's near Ok BUT epub pages are repeated 2 times!
the pdf is ok when I read it with adobe reader or corelpdf.
BUT pages are repeated when I open the pdf with PdfMasher (before conversion to epub)!
do you understand why? and how to avoid this repeat?

links to pdf and epub files are here:

k2opt.pdf

k2opt.epub

thank you for help
When k2pdfopt constructs the converted document in native PDF mode, it uses crop boxes to place part of each source page on each destination page. So page 1 of the source file, for example, may be spread across 2 - 3 pages of the destination file, using crop boxes to show the different regions of source page 1 that belong on each different destination page. It would appear that the conversion software you are using is ignoring the crop boxes and converting the entire contents of each source page multiple times (for each destination page that any of it appears on). There's not an easy work-around for this that I know of. I can think of two options: 1. Don't use native mode and instead use OCR to get the text (obviously it's not very satisfactory to convert native text to a bitmap and then OCR it back to text!); and 2. Use the source PDF file directly rather than using k2pdfopt to convert it first. If all you want is the text from the file, that's probably the way to go.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote