View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Hello everyone,

Just a quick follow-up.

I was on the verge to create a new post, but I found this one. As it partially solves my "problem" I reactivated it today.

Indeed, the ePub I am trying to work with (Les chants de Maldoror, I. Ducasse aka Lautréamont), has some paragraphs up to 5 pages (8.5x11 doc file)! And I want it to be readable on my eReader.

First. The solution proposed by Terisa de morgan (widows and orphans to 0 in css) works! even with very long paragraphs. So many thanks to you Terisa because I was (desperately ) seeking a solution and had really no clue.

This is curious because as Jellby, I believed that the problem was just a side effect to the limitations of eReaders on the market (lack of power, lack of memory: seem true for the Kobo Touch however).

Now, it works but not equally with the Kobo Touch and the Sony PRS-T1 I had on hand for testing.

With the Sony, the text wraps almost perfectly with all the long paragraphs, showing no memory or flow problems.

With the KT, things are not very good as several pages are cut erratically.

Trade off in both cases? Orphans and widows of course!

The text I'm talking about is certainly an exception, because the majority of authors do not create paragraphs nearly as long as chapters!

An interesting thing, perhaps, would be to test with other machines than the Sony and the Kobo Touch.

If you have any comments, it's would be appreciate.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote