Thread: Multiple PDAs
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #3
johnsoax
Connoisseur
johnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it is

Device: TT3(Home)&Dell x50(Work)
I currently use two pdas at the same time.

I have a Dell Axim x50 for work. It connects to my work computer, and syncs my work contact information. I use it to go into the plant and record notes, write emails to be sent when I get back to my desk, and keep track of my rather large task list (46 projects currently, I guess that is what happens when you are the only electrical engineer at a chemical facility that used to have 3!).

At the beginning of the day, I take the x50 out of my bag and dock it with the computer. When I am at my desk it pretty much stays there, as it is really just an extension of Outlook.

For personal stuff I have a Palm Tungsten T3. This syncs with my Powerbook at home. I use it for personal schedualing, contacts and task list. I also use it as my checkbook, fuel log, personal diary, Bible, newspaper and book reader . When I get to work, it goes into my desk drawer until lunch when I read my plucker pulled News. I also have some work contact information on the T3, as when I am away from the office, I don't carry the Axim.

I use two devices because work mandated that I no longer connect the T3 to the work network, so I made them purchase me the dell. But I am not going to spend my own money on getting the Axim to connect to my Powerbook (even though I am tempted to make my next handheld a WM device. Wouldn't that be funny, the thing I count on the most would be the only thing in my house running windows ).

Which ever device I am carrying lives in my Optech USA neoprene case on my hip. The TT3 in a clear case and the Dell in a Bulldog cover both fit perfectly. At the end of the work day, I take the dell, put it into my bag, and put the TT3 back on my hip.

Over weekends the Dell just sits in my bag, waiting for the work week.

Last edited by johnsoax; 07-14-2005 at 09:03 AM.
johnsoax is offline   Reply With Quote