View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:35 AM   #16
maara
maara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for your opinions. I must say that I am not one of the users who started to use calibre two weeks ago and now are lost - I downloaded and used this app more than year ago for the first time (probably it was one of early 0.7.x version) so I am not confused by the functionality of the calibre. I know exactly what the application can or can't do and how to achieve anything what I need with this piece of software. Maybe this is one of the reasons why I am calling for some ui improvements - I see more and more new features every week when the new version is released but the interface remains nearly the same ugly as it was in the time I started using it...
I know that some of you prefer the functionality more than the design... I do the same but hmmm....well...but this applies mostly for the console applications... The ergonomy and the functionality are bind together very tightly and its not correct to say "this app does what I need even it doesn't looks nice and the controls makes mostly no sense" - this is NOT the way how the software should be done... Its sad that calibre has been / is being done this way because this app has a big potential and I know a lot of people who stopped using it because of its user interface...
maara is offline   Reply With Quote