View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #150
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKGrif View Post
Am I right in concluding that Atlantis does not handle image & character styles like word and writer? If so, are there any plans to address this?

If not, as great as the 'save to epub' feature is, I cannot see spending money for a word processor that doesn't do what both, a free program, and a program that comes packaged with almost every windows pc does.
Open Word 2007, create a new paragraph style that has 10pt bold text and a new character style that has 14pt bold text. Type some words and apply the paragraph style to them. Now, select one word in the sentence and apply the character style to that. Bingo, it's no longer bold.

Select the character style from the Styles pane and modify it so that it specifies 14pt non-bold text. Bingo, the word that has it applied is now bold.

I can't blame Atlantis for not implementing a feature that's handled so poorly in Word.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote