View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #15
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by larisa0001 View Post
Sigh... I am kicking myself for having spent that much money on DRM'd books that I can't read on the devices I want to read them on. I live in a place where circumventing copy-protection measures is illegal, so I cannot take advantage of the software that's available. (I am in law school, and I'd rather not do anything that would get me disbarred) But I do, thankfully, at least have the option of expressing my disapproval of the DMCA by not buying any more DRM-locked books.
At the risk of starting a thread that has been discussed many times here... you are finding out now, what a lot of people might find out in a few years when their kindles start breaking. They will find that they are limited to where and how they can read their books.

--
Bill