View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
With Internet e-goods, the border between import and local sales are blurred, because a website can deliver those e-goods to people in its own country or halfway around the world with the same ease. But it is still bound by local laws.
Does this mean that the ebook retailer is assumed to be exporting the ebook? If I click on a download link this seems to be me as an individual importing the file. How about if my credit card is from (say) the UK, but I download from (say) FictionWise to a US server and then with a 2nd click download it to the UK? Is FictionWise still exporting to the UK?

Most of the sites that restrict sales seem to do it based on credit card address, not the actual "delivery" location.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote