View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #79
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I would like to see the stats on how many people actually unlock their phone with the intention of switching to another carrier.

With iPhone, all the carriers have it anyway. iPhone owners ususally just jailbreak to modify the way the OS works.

Android users unlock their phones in order to be able to put custom ROMs on.

I've hung around a few android forums in my day and have never seen a post that said "I can't wait to buy a Droid Razr, unlock it and then run that bad boy on AT&T!"
Now, it must be made mention that unlocking the bootloader IS NOT THE SAME as unlocking SIM access. Unlocking the bootloader is what has to be done for changing ROMs. You can still have a phone with a custom ROM, but tied to a carrier.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote