View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #15252
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

Next is a freebie. On Basilisk Station by David Weber. Immediately, I'm disappointed. The galactic map is truncated in the prologue. At least it is on my 650. The entire map is displayed on Baen's sample online so it must be due to ebook conversion.
Abandoned after 50 pages. This title was not for me. Too realistic space-wise. I don't like it when due to great distances you have to wait 12 minutes for light to catch up with real-time. Star Wars and Star Trek ruined it for me. I prefer the fake physics to the actual one.

Next, I'll try Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote