Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #20
melchizedek
melchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshesmelchizedek can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Touch
A friend of mine described Game of Thrones as 'fantasy for people who don't usually read fantasy'. I do read a little fantasy, and I kind of understand where she's coming from. It's really not that heavy on its fantasy elements.

I love the TV series, but find the books a little slow. I'm currently three quarters of my way through the second one, but am struggling to motivate myself to finish. Nothing much has happened since the first page.

Knowing that there are two overly long, rather boring volumes still to come, I kind of wish I'd never started the series. Mind you, I felt similarly midway through Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.. and that's ending very strongly indeed. Maybe the same will be true of this series.
melchizedek is offline   Reply With Quote