View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #7
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
It is probably better and/or safer to open the epub directly in something like Sigil, as that knows how epubs fit together and should be saved.
There's really nothing magical at all in EPUB, a valid EPUB stay valid if you only change its CSSs, they are only a zip archive of cross-referencing (files must keep their name and sub-directory inside the ZIP/EPUB) text files (optionally binary files for fonts, and for xhtml content when DRMed). The only possible problem when removing font-familly attribute is if it references an EPUB embedded font with characters not present in the eReader's fonts.

I tried that myself in many EPUB (public domain without DRM), no problem at all and I can select my favorite font. It's only a problem if you don't know how to edit and write-back a simple text file inside a ZIP archive.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote