View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
lindsayw
Author from pBook days
lindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watchlindsayw is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle-3-Keyboard; 8" Android Tablet
The old <br clear=all> command would make a line-break that extended to BELOW any associated objects like images, however big they were (because images did not 'float' – they were aligned left, center or right). With only left and right css controls you cannot specify a vertical 'minimum height' for a block of text to match the height of a picture. I tried making a simple 2-column table with the thumbnails in the left column, text in the right, and that worked fine, but tables in an eBook are bad news, and I want to avoid them if possible. I suppose I could make a separate 1-row table for every thumbnail-&-text combo, so that page breaks would not split cover images from associated synopses, but it's still messy...

Last edited by lindsayw; 08-29-2011 at 02:30 PM.
lindsayw is offline   Reply With Quote