View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
OK I'll do it.

Sorry, I badly expressed my question:

When I prepare a big book (say over one megabyte, even in ODT format), if I export it , it will be a huge html file.

Sigil can deal with that but it's has trouble. When I need to change something in the code, Sigil may hang or be pretty slow.

Calibre knows how to divide this huge file in smal several so-called manageable "index_splits" which are very handy and very easily processed with Sigil.

So, up to now, if I have a big file to process with Sigil, It seems it's better to first use calibre if only to split it in several manageable parts.

I know one OpenOffice extension which, like calibre, can split an html file in several parts (chapters with heading 2 for example) in strict html format.

Question

Can Sigil batch import these different parts?
If not, is it planned to give it this possibility at a later stage?

and I got the google answer...

http://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/detail?id=142

Last edited by roger64; 03-08-2010 at 11:33 PM. Reason: better expressing my question
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote