View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
I use Calibre2OPDS & Updog for this. It saves to dropbox with all the menus (Recent, by Author etc) all automagically set up so I can download (via my OPDS Library on Dropbox) from anywhere. It's a bit geeky to setup but oh, so worth it!
Nah, the issue is my current preferred reading app cannot overwrite existing books (frequently needed for fanfics) from sources other than built-in direct Dropbox access. If that weren't an issue, I would just use Calibre's built-in server or Calibre-PHP (search is invaluable for me).

That was one thing Stanza (for iOS) handled beautifully. OPDS integration in Stanza felt almost like having Calibre on the iPhone. You can seamlessly download/update/read books directly from the Calibre OPDS feeds. It's just too bad Amazon acquired Lexcycle and killed the app.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote