View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 01:19 AM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
OR: copy the calibre library to dropbox then use calibre companion on your mobile devices. it understands the library structure and will let you browse/download from the dropbox cloud copy to any device you have it installed on
I use free file sync to mirror ( one way sync) my calibre library into dropbox , daily, then I can use CC to download books to tablets when library PC is off.

Dropbox is my cloud solution of choice ( it also saves and syncs my last page read & annotations from Moon+ reader ) , but CC supports several cloud solutions
My preferred reader (Marvin for iOS) doesn't play nice with Calibre Companion.

I read fanfics which are updated pretty often. If I send a book that already exists in my Marvin library from CC, I would just get a message that the book already exists in my library. To replace it with an updated version, I'd have to search for the book in Marvin, delete it, go back to CC and send it to Marvin again. Meanwhile, if I use Marvin's built-in Dropbox support it'll just ask me if I want to overwrite the book in the library which is much simpler.

On the reading front (layout, controls, etc), Marvin's the reader I liked most and I've tried several (Mantano/Bookari, MapleRead, Hyphen, iBooks, etc). I decided to just work around Marvin's limitations and stick to Save to Disk+Dropbox.

And honestly, I'm not a big fan of CC on iOS. It seems behind on features and more buggy compared to its Android counterpart. I actually prefer to use the web interface of Calibre Server or chaley's own Calibre-PHP server over CC.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote